Monday, March 9, 2009

Assignment 4

The theme for this assignment (a poster) is save, prevent or kill. In light of the current economic downturn, I have decided to work on the poster using the theme, save money.


The following is the first draft of my artwork:






I have decided to use the $1 dollar note in the wallet to portray a financial crisis faced by fellow citizens. This poster is to urge fellow citizens, who are in financial distress to enroll for the Money SENSE workshop conducted by MAS to help them better manage their finances during this recession.


In my tutorial critic, my tutorial mates commented that the wallet containing $1 is not impactful enough and one of my friends suggested that I show a broken piggy bank with no money inside. Thus, I have re-edited my poster as follows:




After consulting Mr. Alfred, I felt that the idea of saving for rainy days is commonly illustrated in the past and I have decided to change my theme to save our heritage. The following is my first draft on saving our chinese heritage.





In this poster, I am trying to illustrate that the mask is melting due to fast disappearing trade of the Chinese Opera. If we do not try to save it, it will soon be gone. However, the melting effect of the mask is not prominent and it seems as if the mask is made up of different textures instead. Thus, to overcome this problem, I have decided to use a cracked mask to illustrate my idea instead. The big crack shows that if we do not save it now, this heritage will be disappearing sooner than expected. Hence, my final artwork is as follows:


No comments:

Post a Comment